Author Topic: Night VFR Rating  (Read 14210 times)

Offline tuaapache

• นักรบ
Hi,
I am currently training for CPL and MEIR in Australia and I would like to know if Night VFR Rating is one of the requirements for QP.
Thank you O07

Offline golf307

• FLY away
  • ขุนศึก 9 ทัพ
Nope, i used to have the same qualification as you when first took the TG test, i know in australia ! we have night VFR but Thailand never have one(there is no such thing as night VFR in thailand) lol!

By Law(CASA), instrument Rating is already cover all the night flight!

!!! after you get those converted, you will be ready to row !!!

PS. I'm not recommended you to do night flight unless you are in twin!!

Offline golf307

• FLY away
  • ขุนศึก 9 ทัพ
finally, you did yout training in australia! i remember you ask about "Adelaide Flight Training Centre" 

so did you took your training at AFTC? almost complete?
« Last Edit: 01 July 2011, 23:22:49 +07 by golf307 »

Offline golfyATC

• นักรบ
In additional, VFR can not be permitted according to AIP Thailand. However, Military VFR night flight can be permitted by appropriate ATS authority in Thailand.

Offline golf307

• FLY away
  • ขุนศึก 9 ทัพ
In additional, VFR can not be permitted according to AIP Thailand. However, Military VFR night flight can be permitted by appropriate ATS authority in Thailand.

Thanks

PS. Military AC, has any authority to do anything as long as it can complete the mission!!

Offline supermaew

• ATT03/10
  • นักรบ
We (CATC) had about 6 sorties of  night lading, and yes, they were VFR. But it was a special VFR one.  We requested the special VFR out of Huahin AD for training. I don't know if this is allowed for training purpose only or not but we all got throughout it krab.

I don't remember precisely what's the different between VFR and Special VFR, I suppose it is the reduced visibility down to below 5000m perhaps.

Sorry in advance if my info is wrong. 55.  E25
« Last Edit: 02 July 2011, 00:47:18 +07 by supermaew »

Offline golf307

• FLY away
  • ขุนศึก 9 ทัพ
We (CATC) had about 6 sorties of  night lading, and yes, they were VFR. But it was a special VFR one.  We requested the special VFR out of Huahin AD for training. I don't know if this is allowed for training purpose only or not but we all got throughout it krab.

I don't remember precisely what's the different between VFR and Special VFR, I suppose it is the reduced visibility down to 5000 feet perhaps.

Sorry in advance if my info is wrong. 55.  E25

YES understood, but night flight is not the same with "Night VFR rating"... we have spacial rule for it kub

it's include, night VFR Naviagation ..... which you won't see anythings(little to no land mark).. very dangerous in single engine AC (good luck, if you have an engine failure).... therefore there are lots of limitation regarding to the safety kub!
« Last Edit: 02 July 2011, 00:28:19 +07 by golf307 »

Offline supermaew

• ATT03/10
  • นักรบ
Hmmm. Interesting, that means we did it wrong all the time!!  5555

And for my info krab, can u fly night VFR NAV without the IR rating?  Cos it doesn't seems so much different from IFR loey na krab.

Offline golf307

• FLY away
  • ขุนศึก 9 ทัพ
i know kub, it's kind of weird and noting wrong with it but it just different. hehehe

the propose of this Rating allow pilot to fly at night (VFR NAV at night) without Instrument rating kub(can be on a single engine) and extented VFR operation beyond lastlight.

Where the weather minimum requirement is need to be very good and TOTALLY "CAVOK" which allow pilot to do all approach visually without an instrument approach. However, pilot still need be trained to do NDB VOR intercept BUT no holding pattern

this Night VFR rating is stay valid for lifetime no need to renew!

On the other hand, Instrument rating is more advance training. Therefore, it's allow pilot to fly in most of weather conditions and currency is required kub!

As i said before "if pilot have Instrument rated" there is NO need to do (VFR)night rating
but  10 flying hours at night is required prior to instrument rating flight test

I'm sorry , if i made it evenmore confusing kub

« Last Edit: 02 July 2011, 04:20:39 +07 by golf307 »

Offline SKYWOLF

• Mod Level 3
  • ขุนศึก 9 ทัพ
For a brief moment, I got confused between golf307 and golfyATC.  - สอบนักบิน 308-

Offline supermaew

• ATT03/10
  • นักรบ
For a brief moment, I got confused between golf307 and golfyATC.  - สอบนักบิน 308-

Me too. 555

But i got ur point krab Golf307 thanks load

Offline Perth

• Co-Pilot TG
  • ทหารเลว
Sorry, if an old man get confuse.....

I'm the one who hold the CASA License too.....for IFR rating ..I mean at the moment does not require night hours anymore?  during my time you need to have night hours before you start you IFR....

I'm lost in the bush now........ E22

Offline golf307

• FLY away
  • ขุนศึก 9 ทัพ
Sorry, if an old man get confuse.....

I'm the one who hold the CASA License too.....for IFR rating ..I mean at the moment does not require night hours anymore?  during my time you need to have night hours before you start you IFR....

I'm lost in the bush now........ E22

Nice pick kub, you got me on that. I'm not really 100%sure how Today requriement are but when i did my(just 2years ago) it's required 10hours night flying... krub

however, did you get about Night VFR rating kub? or still confuse?

PS. i will findout on this kub "for your info"

« Last Edit: 03 July 2011, 12:21:31 +07 by golf307 »

Offline tuaapache

• นักรบ
Yep, I am doing my training at AFTC. I got my PPL a month a go now I am hour building for my CPL. Did you do your training at AFTC as well. If so, how long after PPL it took you to get CPL and MEIR?
Cheers

Offline toy

• ประชาชน
Yep, I am doing my training at AFTC. I got my PPL a month a go now I am hour building for my CPL. Did you do your training at AFTC as well. If so, how long after PPL it took you to get CPL and MEIR?
Cheers

Took me 1 year from PPL > CPL (including NVFR-CPL-ME-CIR)
Night hours is prerequisite to do CIR (but you do not required to have NVFR to do CIR)

If you on budget, don't take NVFR
If money not your problem, go for it
Have a NVFR will cover you and your instructor (who signed you off on a solo flight) if you flight getting late and come back after daylight
You will find that landing @ Stratalbyn at night is AWESOME! :)

My recommendations:
- do NVFR
- do CPL in TB10 not the Cirrus without CSU and standby AH
- ME in BE-76 is good
- do CIR in TB10 (SE-CIR)
- endorse only ILS and VOR on CIR (since ILS covers LLZ and you need at least a VOR to issue CIR)

Good luck for your training & keep working hard

Offline tuaapache

• นักรบ
Just a few more questions.
I heard that Thai airways expect people who self sponsored to be QP to finish everything(CPL and MEIR) in a year and a half otherwise they will not accept the applications. Do you have any ideas on this? Did u get in touch with Ball, Payu and Matty? Did you apply for Thai airway this year, if so how was it?
Thanks