Author Topic: Enquiry regarding thai airways qualified pilot requirements  (Read 28148 times)

Offline tuaapache

• นักรบ
Hi,
Just a quick question regarding QP requirements for thai airways or any other airlines in Thailand. Is it necessary to have multi engine instrument rating in order to apply for a job? I am fully aware that Thai Airways only require CPL but I heard some people got into Thai airways without MEIR. Would MEIR increases my chances of getting a job? Please help.
Cheers

Offline tuaapache

• นักรบ

Offline Don Phee Bin

• ประชาชน
ในความเห็นผมนะครับ ควรจะมีIR และ MEครับ สายการบินในไทยน่าจะมีแค่กานต์แอร์กับนกมินิที่ใช้ เครื่องบินเครื่องยนต์เดียวเวลาเราเดินไปสมัครงานยิ่งมีendorseเยอะเท่าไรยิ่งน่าสนใจนะครับ
ส่วนการบินไทยนั้น ภายใน3เดือนก่อนส่งเอกสารต้อง บินIFRด้วยนะครับ
ถ้าไม่ลำบากหรือติดอะไรผมว่าควรจะต้องมีทั้งIR และ ME ครับ 

Offline tuaapache

• นักรบ
Would Thai airways even accept my application if I don't have MEIR? I heard of someone who went through the selection process with MEIR.

Offline sodasado

• นักรบ
IR, ME ได้มาเมื่อจบ CPL หรือป่าวครับ?

Offline skyrocket

• ATT03/10
  • ทหารเลว
but I heard some people got into Thai airways without MEIR. Would MEIR increases my chances of getting a job? Please help.
Cheers

I think you must have IR & ME..... otherwise, you wouldn't be able to fly instrument & multi engine aircraft at all...

Offline tuaapache

• นักรบ

Offline DuraSail

• จิตใจของฉันแข็งแกร่งดั่ง
  • ราชาเทวะ
เพิ่งไปดูโรงเรียนที่ออสมา ไม่ใช่ว่าจะได้ IR ด้วยเหรอครับ งง O35 (แบบ 150 ชม)

Offline tuaapache

• นักรบ
No IR, CPL only. I am still deciding whether I should do MEIR here or in Thailand. The weather here is pretty bad and it is time consuming. I am just not sure if Thai airways would prefer someone who finish everything at the same school rather than finish my MEIR in Thailand.

Offline SKYWOLF

• Mod Level 3
  • ขุนศึก 9 ทัพ
I think Thai Airway is looking at you as a person, rather than where you graduated from.  I do not have enough information to be able to suggest you what to do, but this is what I know.

I talked to one of the candidates who passed the QP exams 2010.  According to him, he told me to take CPL and Rating Instrument & Multi-Engine.  When you get back to Thailand, you will have to convert your license to "Thai Pilot License," and this will cost about 80,000 baht.  He also told me that "กรมการบินพานิชเมืองไทยต้องการ ME อย่างต่ำ 20 ชม."

O36

Offline tuaapache

• นักรบ
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Are you training at BAC or CATC?

Offline SKYWOLF

• Mod Level 3
  • ขุนศึก 9 ทัพ
You're welcome!  Sorry for disappointing you, but I have not started my flight school yet.  At the beginning of the year, I was planing on getting FAA license, but I changed my mind after discussing my issues with a few pilots, including people in this forum. Right now, my priority is getting a master degree.  I will try to take SP exam in 2013, then if thing did not work out, then I probably will have to take flight school in the U.S. (It's a lot cheaper than flight school in Thailand).  

I do not want to borrow money for flight school!  I'm broke!  E08

Offline uanmuic

• Co-Pilot TG
  • ประชาชน
Can you please tell me roughly how much it is for flight school in the U.S.? Thanks

Offline SKYWOLF

• Mod Level 3
  • ขุนศึก 9 ทัพ
I have talked to two schools so far ...

Skymates
http://www.skymates.com/Professional.pdf
- $32,500  I think it will cost a little bit more according to one of my friend who is taking it.  The price is reasonable, but it seems like my friend is having a difficult time scheduling his oral exams.  His English is not good, so he had to retake the exams.  Other than that, I think it's a good school.
- FAA Licence
- 20 hrs Multi-Engine  That's the minimum requirement for FAA, but it will be hard finding a job with only 20 hrs ME.  I think 20 hrs is enough for Thai Pilot License ... correct me if I'm wrong.

ATP
http://www.atpflightschool.com/
- $60,000  This one, you should be able to graduate in 8-10 months.  But I think you will end up spending the same as flight school in Thailand. (don't forget living expenses)
- 115 ME ... I think that is good for people who wants to apply for US airlines, but Thai people cannot get the job as an airline pilots in the US because they are looking for US Citizens.  This is overkilled.
(115 - 20 ME hr) x $325/hr = $30875   I have talked to them, and they told me that they cannot modify 115 ME hours to 20 ME hours.
- You will also get CFI (Certified Flight Instructor) License

Bottom line is that, I only talked to two schools within 20 minutes from my apartment.  I think it is possible to find a good school, and you will spend no more than $40,000.  1.2 ล้านครับ   เมืองไทย 2.5 ล้านใช่ไหมครับ?

ตอนนี้ผมกำลังถังแตก  E08

Offline tuaapache

• นักรบ
Just make sure that the school is recognized by Thai airways.

Offline SKYWOLF

• Mod Level 3
  • ขุนศึก 9 ทัพ
Just make sure that the school is recognized by Thai airways.

อันนี้แหล่ะครับคิดหนักเลย  ผมจะรู้ได้ไงอ่ะครับ? หรือต้องโทรไปถาม  พอจะรู้ไหมครับ?

Offline tuaapache

• นักรบ
There are certain requirements that have to be met according to Thai DCA. For example, you have to be a full time student and the school has to have proper ground school. You can also double check about the requirements with DCA online.

Offline DuraSail

• ราชาเทวะ
Requirement ของ TG นั้นกว้างมากครับ
แต่พื้นฐานแล้ว ถ้าโรงเรียนไหนได้รับการรับรองหลักสูตรโดย FAA(US), CASA(AUS), CAA(EU) ก็รับรองได้ว่า ICAO เรารับรองแหงๆครับ เพราะของเค้ายากกว่า ICAO อีกนะครับผมว่า

ว่าแต่น้อง tuaapache เรียนที่ aftc ใช่ไหมครับ

Offline tuaapache

• นักรบ
ใช่แล้วครับ อีกไม่นานสอบ CPL ครับ ว่าแต่พี่ Durasail เรียนที่ไหนหรือว่าทำงานแล้วครับ พอจะทราบรึเปล่าครับว่าถ้าไม่มี MEIR จะสอบการบินไทยได้รึเปล่าครับ

Offline DuraSail

• ราชาเทวะ
พี่ก็บินไปบินมาอยู่ TG นี่แหล่ะครับ แต่บอกตามตรงว่าไม่ทราบว่า MEIR ต้องทำที่เมืองนอกหรือไม่ครับ ทราบแต่ว่า ตอนมาสมัครสายการบินทั้ง TG, Air Asia ฯลฯ เค้าต้องการแหงๆ

ซึ่งโดยส่วนตัว หากจะมาทำที่เมืองไทย ก็ไม่น่าจะผิดอะไรครับ แต่ถ้าทำที่โน่นได้ก็เจ๋งไปเลย
แล้วชั่วโมงที่เรียนอยู่ ครบแล้วเหรอครับ?? เพราะจำได้ว่าหลักสูตร CPL ของออส จะแค่ 150 ชม เองนิ
ถ้ามีกำลังก็ต่อให้ครบไปเลยครับ เผื่อใช้หางานที่ออสได้ หลังจบ

เพิ่งได้คุยกับพี่ Co-Pilot อีกท่านหนึ่ง เค้าจบโรงเรียนการบินที่ออสเตรเลียเช่นกัน พี่เค้าเรียนทุกอย่างเลยครับ รวมไปถึง Aerobatic ด้วย และอื่นๆอีกมากมาย
จากนั้นพี่เค้าก็สามารถหางานเป็นนักบินท้องถิ่น ทิ้งร่มบ้าง ส่งของบ้าง ที่ออสนั่นแหล่ะครับ ได้เงินมากอยู่ทีเดียว
ผมเลยคิดว่ามันก็น่าสนใจนะครับ ถ้าเราจะได้เรียน License ต่างๆเพิ่มไปที่ต่างประเทศ แล้วลองหางานบินเก็บชั่วโมงไปในตัวด้วย

พี่เค้าบอกว่างานหาไม่ยากนะครับ เค้าหาได้จากการไปตามงานสังสรรค์ งานกิจกรรมต่างๆ แล้วเมื่อมีการแนะนำตัว เราก็บอกว่าเราเป็นนักบิน ใครมีงานอะไรเรียกใช้เค้าได้ แค่นั้นเองครับ จากนั้นก็ปากต่อปาก

เค้ายังฝากมาบอกถึงน้องๆว่า ถ้าใจคิดอยากเป็นนักบินจริงๆแล้ว อย่าไปคิดแค่ว่าจะมาเป็นนักบินการบินไทยครับ มีงานบินอีกเยอะเลยทีเดียวในทุกประเทศ (แต่ไทยอาจมีน้อยหน่อยเท่านั้นเอง)

ลองกลับไปอ่านกระทู้นี้กันดูนะครับ เผื่อว่าจะอยากเรียนต่อที่โน่นแบบพี่เค้าซะเลย http://www.saknid.com/index.php/topic,1485.60.html

Offline tuaapache

• นักรบ
ผลเหลิอบินโซโลอีก 16 ชั่วโมงแล้วก้สอบเลยครับ ตอนผมจบคงมีประมาณ 180 ชั่วโมงครับ ไม่ทราบว่าพี่ Durasail พอจะรู็็็็็็้้้รึเปล่าครับว่าต้องติดต่อใครหรือว่าต้องโทรไปถามการบินไทยโดยตรง ขอบคุณครับ ผมก็คิดที่จะหางานที่นี่เหมือนกันครับ แต่ทุกงานเข้าต้องการ residency หรือไม่ก็ต้องเป็น citizen ขอถามอีกเรื่องครับคือผมเคยเป็นไส้เลื่อนมาก่อนแต่รักษาหายเล้วไม่ทราบว่าจะมีผลต่อการสมัครรึเปล่าครับ

Offline pilotguide

• ราชาเทวะ
ลองสอบถามแผนก BI โดยตรงนะครับเบอร์ 02-545-3658 ครับ

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • ขุนศึก 9 ทัพ
ลองสอบถามแผนก BI โดยตรงนะครับเบอร์ 02-545-3658 ครับ
E30

ส่วนตัว เรื่องไส้เลื่อนไม่น่ามีปัญหาครับ

Offline tuaapache

• นักรบ
คุณ Admin พอจะทราบเรื่องเรียน MEIR หรือเปล่าครับว่าต้องเรียนที่โรงเรียนเดียวกัน เพราะได้ยินมาจากหลายคนว่าถ้าเรียนไม่ต่อเนื่องหรือไม่จบที่เดียวกันการบินไทยไม่รับสมัคร ขอบคุณครับ

Offline pilotguide

• ราชาเทวะ
ถูกต้องครับ ต้องเป็นหลักสูตรต่อเนื่องครับ การบินไทยและสายการบินอื่นถึงจะยอมรับ ไม่ใช่แบบว่าคุณไปเรียน PPL ที่นึง CPL ที่นึง MULti IR อีกที เค้าบอกว่าแบบนี้จะทำให้การฝึกไม่ต่อเนื่อง แต่จริงๆผมก็ว่าไม่เกี่ยวอ่ะนะ แต่เค้าว่ามาแบบนี้อ่ะ

Offline tuaapache

• นักรบ
แล้วถ้าเรียน CPL ที่ต่างประเทศแล้วเรียน MEIR ที่เมืองไทยละครับ

Offline pilotguide

• ราชาเทวะ
แล้วถ้าเรียน CPL ที่ต่างประเทศแล้วเรียน MEIR ที่เมืองไทยละครับ

แบบนี้แหละครับที่เค้าเรียกว่าคนละที่  O01

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • ขุนศึก 9 ทัพ
อืม พี่ก็ไม่ทราบครับ แต่เรียนมาเลย จะปลอดภัยสุดครับ (ถ้าระยะเวลาไม่เกิน)
แต่ถ้าอากาศไม่ดีจริงๆ ก็เป็นเหตุผลที่ดีในการย้าย(กลับเมืองไทย)นะครับพี่ว่า
เดือนที่แล้ว บินไปที่ Adelaid ลมเค้าแรงจริงๆแหล่ะ

แต่ไม่ทราบกฎเกณฑ์ชัวร์ๆน่ะครับ

Offline tuaapache

• นักรบ
ไม่เป็นลัยครับ ขอบคุณมากๆที่ให้ข้อมูล ผมคงโทรไปถามการบินไทยโดยตรงเลยครับจะได้ชัว